This catalogue complements the main WP2 manual identification catalogue. The catalogue provides the link between an event that is assessed to have been observed by the HI instruments on both STEREO-A and STEREO-B. For these events it may be possible to extract full stereoscopic information. (DOI:to be specified)
This is version: 01 of the catalogue, released 2017-04-20.
The asymetric version is also available which can be useful in some situations. These versions only contain the STEREO-A to STEREO-B links and not the reverse. (Fixed format ASCII [A to B], JSON [A to B], VoTable XML [A to B])
Clicking on a row will load the two corresponding event pages into tabs/windows HCME_EVENT_1 and HCME_EVENT_2. If the tabs/windows are not already open they will be opened. The window titles will be the IDs of the events.
The catalogue provides separate records for the A->B and corresponding B->A links to aid with the practical
use of this catalogue to join records from the other catalouges whether they are from STEREO-A or STEREO-B.
The catalogue contains the following columns:
|ID||The unique identifer for the observed CME.|
|Linked ID||The corresponding event from the other STEREO spacecraft|
Using the HIJoinCAT
The HIJoinCAT provides the means to link the observations from the different STEREO spacecraft. For example it can be used in conjunction with the WP3 HIGeoCAT to compare the kinematic properties that have been independently generated using single spacecraft fitting techniques.
In this example we make use of the community provided TOPCAT tool but similar steps could be undertaken using database or spreadsheet software, or easily implemented within bespoke code and incorporated into your own processing pipeline.
- 1. Start TOPCAT
- 2. Load the VOTable version of HIJoinCAT (asymetric) and HIGeoCAT (drag the VOTable link from the website to the Table List area in TOPCAT)
- 3. Select the "Joins>Pair Match" from the menu bar
- 4. Use the "Exact Match" option. For "Table 1" select the HIJoinCAT and ID1. For "Table 2" select HIGeoCAT and ID. For output use "Best match, symmetric" and a join type of "1 and 2". These should be the defaults. Then press "Go"
- 5. You now have a new table called "match(1,2)" which includes the the STEREO-A information and the reference to the STEREO-B event
- 6. To include the corresponditn STEREO-B information do another join using match(1,2) and ID_2 with HIGeoCAT and ID
- 7. The new table generated like this VOTable